AOL Desktop Gold software which is a part of the AOL web portal family has been widely used by people for fulfilling various requirements. People use it for emailing with friends and family, surfing the web, playing games, chatting, and many more. To access all these features, you need to go through the AOL Desktop Gold download process and have it on your device. Moreover, it provides you reliability as well as speed combined with the latest technology.
The AOL Desktop Gold plan comes along with your previous membership with AOL and that too without any additional cost. In addition to this, there are various other reasons which include automatic updates, easy transition features, and more. If you are an old member of AOL Desktop, all your usernames, passwords, toolbar icons as well as emails will be automatically transferred to your AOL Desktop Gold account. Also, your personal information will never be compromised if you go for AOL Desktop Gold membership.
AOL Desktop Gold System Requirements
To download AOL Desktop Gold on your computer your system should meet the following requirements. If it doesn’t you might not be able to complete the AOL Gold download procedure. Here’s the list of system requirements:
- At least 512 MB of free space on your hard drive and run
- Windows 7 or newer to download Desktop Gold on your computer.
- 1 GB RAM
- Internet connection
- Internet Explorer 7+
- 266 MHz or faster computer processor
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
Please note that these requirements are only for those who have upgraded from a previous version of the AOL Desktop software to AOL Desktop. Also, if you have a large Personal Filing Cabinet you may need additional disk space to download AOL Desktop Gold.
How to download AOL Gold?
AOL Gold Desktop download can be done after you purchase the AOL Desktop Gold software. Sometimes, it is already included in the AOL Advantage Plan, if not; you have to manually buy it from the official website of AOL. Once your order is successful, you will receive the confirmation email with a link for AOL Gold download and installation. The downloading steps vary from user to user and the same are discussed below:
For AOL Advantage Plan member
- At first, you have to complete AOL gold login steps from the “My Benefits” page.
- Navigate to the “All Products” tab.
- Here, scroll down until you find “AOL Desktop Gold”.
- Once you find the option, click on it.
- In the end, click on the “Download now” option which is available under the “AOL Desktop Gold” icon.
For those who have subscribed to AOL Gold trial version
- First of all, login to your AOL account from the “My Account” page.
- After the successful login, click on the “My Services” or “Subscriptions” tab.
- Here, you will find “AOL Desktop Gold”.
- Now, click on the “Get Started” option present under it.
For those who have made the online purchase of AOL Desktop Gold
This procedure includes the AOL Desktop Gold download steps for the people who have made the online purchase of AOL Desktop Gold and they have received the download link in their registered email.
- Primarily, you have to open your mailbox and login to your account which you have registered with AOL.
- Now locate the mail with the subject “Get Started with AOL Desktop Gold”.
- Open the mail with this subject line and hit the “Download AOL Desktop Gold” or the “Update Now” option.
- The file will download on your device which you will find in the “Downloads” folder.
- Save the downloaded file and complete the installation process.
Steps to install AOL Desktop Gold
After downloading the file, you have to install it in order to run it on or make it your default web browser. Here are the steps for the same:
- Open the downloaded .exe file by clicking twice on its icon.
- Click on the “Run” option.
- Finally, hit the “Install Now” button.
To enjoy the services offered by AOL Desktop Gold, you need to download it on your device. If you are unable to complete any of the procedures mentioned in this article, you may go for AOL support.